Inventing Their Future:
The Invention Convention program is designed to activate a FREE project-based learning curriculum through school, state and national showcase events. Students learn:
- To think critically by identifying problems in their world.
- The impact of inventions in their lives.
- To apply STEAM, invention and entrepreneurial skills building real-world solutions.
Registration is now open for the 2022-2023 Ohio Invention Convention Program Year! To register as an educator/program leader, click 2022-2023 Educator/Program Leader Registration
2023 Ohio Invention League Invention Convention Competition Information
- What is the Invention Convention? Why is it important to educators, administrators and families?
- 2022-2023 Ohio Invention Convention Rubric and Supporting Materials
- 2022-2023 Official Rules OILIC
- 2022-2023 Important Dates and Deadlines
- 2022-2023 FAQ’s for the OHIC Program Year
- 2022-2023 OIL Parent Welcome Letter – Editable
- Ohio Invention League Additional Support Materials
- How to Create an Amazing Display Board – Presented by Graham Fisher, Civitas Marketing
- Digital Display Board Template
- Supplemental Videos – How to Teach the Design Process – Short videos that explain each step
- Video Resources – to use throughout your program year
- USPTO Search Tool
SUGGESTED/SAMPLE IMPLEMENTATION PACING GUIDES:
1. Invention Convention 8-Week Pacing Guide:
Ohio Invention Convention 8-week pacing guide
2. Invention Convention 10-Week Pacing Guide:
Ohio Invention Convention 10-week pacing guide
Below are the Invention Convention Worldwide Journal/Logbook and the Ohio Invention League Journal/Logbooks. There is no requirement to use any specific journal/logbook. Choose which journal/logbook works best for your program.
The Henry Ford inHub Logbook – Customizable
2022-2023 Ohio Invention League Logbook/Journal K-3 Grade
2022-2023 Ohio Invention League Journal/Logbook – A Journey to Your Solution – 4th-12th Grade
Thank you to all of the inventors, educators, families, and judges who participated in the 2021-2022 Ohio Invention League Invention Convention Virtual program year. Inventors solved problems important to them and their everyday world with perseverance, empathy, and determination.
Want a recap of the 2021-2022 Ohio Invention League Invention Convention program year? Check out our year-in-review annual report: 2022 OILIC Annual Report
View the 2022 Ohio Invention Convention Honda State Finals awards ceremony:
Congratulations to our 2022 Honda State Finals award-earning inventors! For a list of the award recipients, click HERE
Like our social pages: @Invention League on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Questions? Learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our LinkedIn page: Invention League, and if you are an alumni inventor (have invented with Invention Convention in the past), visit our Alumni and Parents page on LinkedIn.
Questions? Write to Ohio Invention League