Invention Convention Worldwide (ICW) is a hands-on preK-12 experience educational that trains students in problem identification, problem solving, entrepreneurship and creativity skills through real-world invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship learning. The initiative and its programming are housed within The Henry Ford, a 90-year old internationally recognized cultural destination that is a force for sparking curiosity and inspiring tomorrow’s innovators.
- Global presence includes programs in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, China, Korea, Singapore, and a half dozen other countries
- Over 120,000 U.S. K-12 students trained each year in core invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship skills
- More than 5,000 teachers have been trained to teach invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship skills to students
- Over 35 formal global affiliates and partners team with The Henry Ford to bring Invention Convention programming to communities worldwide
Invention Convention in Action:
WHAT IS INVENTION CONVENTION?
We teach students how to become inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs, and train them in problem identification, problem solving, entrepreneurship and creativity skills for life. It is taught:
- Summer Camps
- Vacation Camps
- Within other organizations like Boys & Girls Clubs
We train teachers and build their own skill sets to teach and coach students in invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship skills. We offer:
- Onsite training
- Live online training
- Self-paced online training
- Peer community of practice
- Master teacher/train the trainer roles
We celebrate our young inventors with student-focused Invention Convention fairs that are held in local, regional, state, national, and global settings. Our events are often held with:
- Science Fairs
- STEM Fairs
- Innovation Fairs
- Maker Fairs
- Robotics Competitions
The initiative and its programming are housed within The Henry Ford, a 90-year old internationally recognized cultural destination that is a force for sparking curiosity and inspiring tomorrow’s innovators. Invention Convention is part of an Innovation Suite of products that include:
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Model-I Innovator Framework
- Invention Convention Curriculum
- Innovate Curriculum
- Entrepreneurship Partnerships
- Innovation Nation and Did I Mention Invention TV Show Videos
Our community of practice includes all sorts of supporting organizations and partners from more than 11 countries who partner for best practices and collaborative convenings to advance our mutual interests around training students for their future. Our members are:
- Standalone non-profits
- STEM Networks
- School Districts
- Governmental organizations
- Other PK-12 educational organizations
The Henry Ford ICW is part of a larger Invention Education Movement that lead by Lemelson Foundation and which comprises more than 40 different organizations who offer STEM, invention, innovation and entrepreneurship programs in the market, and who recognize the role of Invention Education in filling out the whole pipeline leading to student innovative mindsets.
We celebrate our young inventors in the Media:
Contact Us for more information! If there is an affiliate nearby, we will connect you with your local partner. If not, we will work with you to find the right anchor for Invention Convention in your community, whether that is your organization or another that you can help us identify.
Looking to support Invention Convention locally, regionally, or even globally? Our sponsors and partners contribute in many ways: through financial contributions or pro bono support, by providing volunteer opportunities to your colleagues, or by helping to facilitate ICW programming in your community. Contact Us for more information!
Have a program or product complimentary to Invention Convention? We partner with robotics, making, coding, engineering, science, entrepreneurship and other programs for mutual benefit. There is no standard formula for partnerships, but we are always looking for ways that 1+1=5. Contact Us for more information!