We Reach Over 290 Schools Every Year
Invention Convention at a Glance
- Each Fall, teachers register their schools with CIC which provides them access to CIC’s online curriculum, teacher training, coaching, and support.
- In the Fall and/or Winter months, teachers present the program, which naturally highlights the NGSS science and engineering practices through the process of invention and innovation, to their students.
- Teachers conduct “local” invention conventions at their schools or take part in district-wide conventions. Through the school’s judging process, student inventors are identified and registered to move on to participate at the Connecticut Invention Convention Annual State Final event, scheduled at the end of April/beginning of May.
- At the Connecticut Invention Convention Annual State Final event, inventors are given the opportunity to present their inventions to their peers and industry judges for awards and recognition.
- Some inventors move on to the National Invention Convention and Entrepreneurship Expo (NICEE), scheduled in late May/early June, where they compete for awards and prizes with other student inventors from across the country and globe.
- Kid Inventor Friday with Charlotte HoberMeet Charlotte Hober from Idaho, inventor of the Emotional Emojis board game. In this unusual time, kids are helping other kids get through. Charlotte’s invention helps kids (and adults) express Read More
- Kid Inventor Friday with Lino MarreroFor our second Kid Inventor Friday, we talked with serial inventor Lino Marrero from Texas. Lino is a bit of a star, with appearances on Good Morning America and ABC Read More
- Kid Inventor Friday with Arianna AndersonWe’re thrilled to have kicked off our first ever Kid Inventor Friday with Arianna Anderson, the creator of the Epic Mask. Her invention is a mask made of cotton and Read More
- What Can Your STEM Networks Do for Your Invention Convention Program?Invention Convention affiliates and participants live and invent within diverse communities that are full of other innovators and programs. In most of these places, from Boston to the Bay Area, Read More
- Important Message from Invention Convention Worldwide Regarding the Novel Coronavirus2020 U.S. Nationals UPDATE. In light of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), The Henry Ford and our many Advisory Councils have decided to change our U.S. National from an on-site event Read More
- San Antonio Launches First Ever Youth Invention ShowcaseOver 70 Students to Display Inventions as Part of a Global STEM Ecosystem Conference of almost 500 Leaders February 28, 2020 – The fields of invention, youth education, entrepreneurship and Read More
- Save The Date for Invention Convention U.S. Nationals 2020The 5th annual Invention Convention U.S. Nationals will take place at The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation in Dearborn, Michigan on June 3-5, 2020. Come join us and celebrate Read More