We Reach Over 290 Schools Every Year
Invention Convention at a Glance
- Each Fall, teachers register their schools with CIC which provides them access to CIC’s online curriculum, teacher training, coaching, and support.
- In the Fall and/or Winter months, teachers present the program, which naturally highlights the NGSS science and engineering practices through the process of invention and innovation, to their students.
- Teachers conduct “local” invention conventions at their schools or take part in district-wide conventions. Through the school’s judging process, student inventors are identified and registered to move on to participate at the Connecticut Invention Convention Annual State Final event, scheduled at the end of April/beginning of May.
- At the Connecticut Invention Convention Annual State Final event, inventors are given the opportunity to present their inventions to their peers and industry judges for awards and recognition.
- Some inventors move on to the National Invention Convention and Entrepreneurship Expo (NICEE), scheduled in late May/early June, where they compete for awards and prizes with other student inventors from across the country and globe.
- What Can Your STEM Networks Do for Your Invention Convention Program?Invention Convention affiliates and participants live and invent within diverse communities that are full of other innovators and programs. In most of these places, from Boston to the Bay Area, Read More
- Important Message from Invention Convention Worldwide Regarding the Novel Coronavirus2020 U.S. Nationals UPDATE. In light of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), The Henry Ford and our many Advisory Councils have decided to change our U.S. National from an on-site event Read More
- San Antonio Launches First Ever Youth Invention ShowcaseOver 70 Students to Display Inventions as Part of a Global STEM Ecosystem Conference of almost 500 Leaders February 28, 2020 – The fields of invention, youth education, entrepreneurship and Read More
- Save The Date for Invention Convention U.S. Nationals 2020The 5th annual Invention Convention U.S. Nationals will take place at The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation in Dearborn, Michigan on June 3-5, 2020. Come join us and celebrate Read More
- 2019 Invention Convention U.S. Nationals Award WinnersCongratulations to all winners from the 2019 Invention Convention U.S. Nationals, presented by United Technologies! Grade Awards Award Name Invention Name Grade State Country Kindergarden: 1st Place Charles Smith Benge Read More
- 2019 Invention Convention U.S. Nationals ScheduleIt’s getting to be time for the fourth annual Invention Convention U.S. Nationals, held again this year at The Henry Ford . We’ve published the schedule for this year’s event; check Read More
- Invent Idaho Students Launch CubeSat into OrbitCongrats to these students on their successful launch. Read the whole story: Idaho student inventors launch satellite into space