2020 U.S. Nationals Update:
In light of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), The Henry Ford and our many Advisory Councils have decided to change our 2020 Invention Convention U.S. Nationals from an on-site event to an online-only competition. Celebrating our inventors is second to their safety. With this decision, we are delaying registration so that we can quickly and accurately pivot to an online alternative. Once we have defined this digital experience, we will be provide updates here and on our social media channels to communicate next steps.
If you are seeking information about a local competition, please click here.
Through Invention Convention Worldwide, you can introduce your students to a world in which they will solve their own problems and gain the confidence and 21st-century skills to invent their own future. The STEM + Invention + Entrepreneurship (STEMIE) experiential learning program offers:
- Hands-on, real-world, project-based learning activities
- Free curriculum
- Professional development workshops
- Exciting events at school, state and national levels
- Easy to implement and flexible for use in any classroom, after school program, camp, library, museum, maker space and more
- Adaptable to meet diverse student needs and a broad range of disciplines and accessible to virtually any young learner
More than 100,000 K-12 inventors from across the United States and elsewhere compete each year at local events to showcase their inventions at the Invention Convention U.S. Nationals on the floor of Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation alongside some of the most iconic inventions in American history.