Invention Convention News

See the latest news from Invention Convention Worldwide.

22 articles available

Inventors in the News

Invention Convention Young Inventors in the News

See card : 15-year-old lands $100,000 ‘Shark Tank’ offer for idea he had at age 8: ‘You’re a great example for kids’

15-year-old lands $100,000 ‘Shark Tank’ offer for idea he had at age 8: ‘You’re a great example for kids’

You don’t have to be a high school graduate – or an adult – to win over investors on ABC’s “Shark Tank.” Take it from Nathaniel Wellen, a 15-year-old entrepreneur… The Los Angeles-based high schooler created The Duo, an umbrella with a second extendable handle designed for two people of different heights to stand beneath it comfortably.

See card : Young inventors to appear on ‘The Tonight Show’ with Jimmy Fallon

Young inventors to appear on ‘The Tonight Show’ with Jimmy Fallon

It all started with a science-based challenge from their teacher… Students Riley Fegely and Leah Delmonico noticed that since schools shifted from water fountains to water bottles, the bottles often fall off students’ desks, and the Bottle Buddy was born.

See card : Student Voice: ‘Anyone who is driven by problem solving is an inventor.’

Student Voice: ‘Anyone who is driven by problem solving is an inventor.’

“I’m a bit old-fashioned,” says Ana-Lois Davis, laughing while describing the ways she protects her intellectual property (IP). The Connecticut 11th-grader’s signature hair bow, bright smile and curiosity reflect that her true youthful spirit is anything but old-fashioned – though the student does have drive and wisdom beyond her years.

See card : Post Falls teen wins national heroic service activity award

Post Falls teen wins national heroic service activity award

Alex Knoll, 18, of Post Falls, is a winner of the 2023 Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes. The Barron Prize annually honors 25 outstanding young leaders who have made significant positive impacts on people, their communities and the environment.

See card : This High Schooler is Harnessing Chemistry to Combat Pollution

This High Schooler is Harnessing Chemistry to Combat Pollution

Humans produce millions of tons of plastic waste every year, much of which ends up in the ocean, and very little of which is recycled. It is a global problem, and one that needs to be tackled. This was what Tarun Batchu - a sophomore at Liberty High School in Ohio - was thinking about when he began designing Trident, a device that converts plastics into biofuels.

See card : First Vermont Student Attends National Invention Convention Competition

First Vermont Student Attends National Invention Convention Competition

The Northern New England Invention Convention recently sent the first student representing the state of Vermont to Invention Convention U.S. Nationals at The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. Whitaker Newton, a rising second-grade student at Vermont Day School, competed with over 330 students from across the United States.

See card : Aptos teen couldn't find data on health of local waterways, so he invented his own award-winning tool

Aptos teen couldn't find data on health of local waterways, so he invented his own award-winning tool

Pacific Collegiate School senior Jack Driscoll-Natale invented a low-cost water-quality monitor that's easy to use and that he hopes one day will allow anyone from concerned citizens to environmental enthusiasts to understand what's happening in the San Lorenzo River or the Santa Cruz Harbor.

See card : Hillsborough student inventors take home national awards

Hillsborough student inventors take home national awards

Two Hillsborough County elementary school students were honored in Michigan during the seventh annual Invention Convention. The fourth and fifth graders impressed judges with projects that could one day end up on store shelves and doctor’s offices.

See card : Cambria Heights students earn national invention award

Cambria Heights students earn national invention award

In a span of two weeks, two Cambria Heights Middle School students, Logan Ivory and Luke Holtz, created an invention that not only advanced through the regional Invention Convention but landed them an award at the national level as well.

See card : Local students’ creations wow judges at Invention Convention

Local students’ creations wow judges at Invention Convention

Avery Schneider felt sad after watching a friend who has autism struggle with his emotions, so he invented something to help. The third-grader in the Indiana Area School District came up with the "SEL Simmer Seat", a bench that helps children who struggle with social and emotional learning to calm down when they are outside.

See card : From inspired to inspiring: Damian Earley

From inspired to inspiring: Damian Earley

Inspired by an invention education assembly at school in second grade, Damian Earley spent the next several years creating various contraptions and competing in invention competitions on the local, state, and national level.

See card : Norwalk Student’s Invention of The Huski Wins National Award

Norwalk Student’s Invention of The Huski Wins National Award

Wylie Graves saw his little brother Finn struggling to move in his skis. Tasked with coming up with an invention at school, he created “The Huski” to help young skiers like his brother get better traction while moving around on the snowy mountain.

See card : Arlington Teen Creates Soft-Robotics Glove to Help Those with Motor Disabilities

Arlington Teen Creates Soft-Robotics Glove to Help Those with Motor Disabilities

After watching his father live with mobility issues caused by Parkinson's disease for the majority of his childhood, 15-year-old Juan Rafael Lenger-Caballero decided to create an assistance glove with the hopes of offering those with dexterity limitations a small window to personal freedom.

See card : Belmont 7-year-old create prize-winning invention

Belmont 7-year-old create prize-winning invention

Rebekah invented a solution she called the Mighty Suction Holders, which won second place for her age group in The Henry Ford’s Invention Convention Globals presented by Raytheon Technologies. She previously won first place in her grade category at Invention Convention US Nationals.

Media Inquires

Wendy Metros, Media Relations Director at The Henry Ford
wendym@thehenryford.org

Aaron Wartner, President at BuzzEngine Marketing & Events
awartner@buzz-engine.com

Invention Convention Worldwide

Where innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs get their start.

About

Invention Convention
is for You

Empower a new generation of innovators.

Participants

Bringing Young Innovators Together

Winning inventors and entrepreneurs are invited to compete at these prestigious, high-profile annual events.

Competitions