Why Should I Be an Inventor?
The Benefits of Inventing
- It’s your project. You can do whatever you want with it and invent something you always dreamed of making a reality.
- You will learn how to present a product and improve your speaking skills.
- Make a mark on the world and give back. Most inventions we see are made to make things easier or help people.
- You can be creative! Invention is not only for scientists. We have seen music inventions, apps, writing ideas, and much more. And they all are amazing.
- This is your chance to show the world what you can do. You will gain many opportunities through CIC. Many of our most successful inventors go on to work in their dream job or start their own businesses. It all comes down to innovation, problem solving, communication, and collaboration.
Inventions always start with a problem to be solved, and sometimes it isn’t easy coming up with a solution. However, once you do, the results can be super rewarding. Our inventors have gone on to be scientists and launch their own companies, but the most rewarding part remains the process itself!
How Do I Make an Invention?
Remember that invention should be fun! If you put in the effort and creativity, you could see your invention go to states and nationals, winning big prizes along the way!
Be sure to give say thank you and give credit to all the people who helped you in the invention process (parents, teachers, your fellow students, and more!)