We Reach Over 290 Schools Every Year
Invention Convention at a Glance
- Each Fall, teachers register their schools with CIC which provides them access to CIC’s online curriculum, teacher training, coaching, and support.
- In the Fall and/or Winter months, teachers present the program, which naturally highlights the NGSS science and engineering practices through the process of invention and innovation, to their students.
- Teachers conduct “local” invention conventions at their schools or take part in district-wide conventions. Through the school’s judging process, student inventors are identified and registered to move on to participate at the Connecticut Invention Convention Annual State Final event, scheduled at the end of April/beginning of May.
- At the Connecticut Invention Convention Annual State Final event, inventors are given the opportunity to present their inventions to their peers and industry judges for awards and recognition.
- Some inventors move on to the National Invention Convention and Entrepreneurship Expo (NICEE), scheduled in late May/early June, where they compete for awards and prizes with other student inventors from across the country and globe.
- Save The Date for Invention Convention U.S. Nationals 2020The 5th annual Invention Convention U.S. Nationals will take place at The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation in Dearborn, Michigan on June 3-5, 2020. Come join us and celebrate Read More
- 2019 Invention Convention U.S. Nationals Award WinnersCongratulations to all winners from the 2019 Invention Convention U.S. Nationals, presented by United Technologies! Grade Awards Award Name Invention Name Grade State Country Kindergarden: 1st Place Charles Smith Benge Read More
- 2019 Invention Convention U.S. Nationals ScheduleIt’s getting to be time for the fourth annual Invention Convention U.S. Nationals, held again this year at The Henry Ford . We’ve published the schedule for this year’s event; check Read More
- Invent Idaho Students Launch CubeSat into OrbitCongrats to these students on their successful launch. Read the whole story: Idaho student inventors launch satellite into space
- 2019 Teacher Innovation AwardsIf you are, or know of, a teacher who inspires others to challenge the limits of what’s possible, the 2019 Teacher Innovation Awards are for you. Presented by The Henry Read More
- Female Inventors Change the WorldDid you know that 59% of the inventors who attended NICEE 2018 were female? It’s a number that we’re especially proud of — particularly since we didn’t need to do Read More
- Top Student Inventors to Compete at Third Annual K-12 National Invention Convention400+ award-winning student inventors from all over the United States, and Mexico, will compete at the 2018 K-12 National Invention Convention and Entrepreneurship Expo (NICEE) presented by United Technologies Corporation Read More